Posts Tagged "Colles Hall"

Burton Street c.1885

Burton Street c.1885

A view along Burton Street towards the bridge, just visible in the far background. The building on the left is The George and Dragon Inn, before it was demolished in 1889 to make way for Colles Hall. The children following the horse and cart may have come from the Fair. Approx date: 1885. Image ref:...

read more

Burton Street c.1905

Burton Street c.1905

A view along Burton Street towards the bridge. On the left is Colles Hall, and beyond it the vicarage, built in 1760. After the Second World War this building became The Blakeney Institute, and was used as church rooms until the opening of the Samworth Centre in 2000. Approx date: 1905. Image ref:...

read more

Burton Street c.1889

Burton Street c.1889

A view up Burton Street from beside the church. On the right is The Old Club; built about 1790. For most of the 19th century it contained apartments let to the hunting fraternity. Just beyond is the George and Dragon Inn, demolished in 1889 to make way for Colles Hall. Approx date: 1889. Image ref:...

read more