A view from the bottom end of Sherrard Street towards Thorpe End. On the left is T Moore & Son’s bakehouse and cafe. The trees border the large gardens of Parke House, owned by a family of local solicitors. The Constitutional Club is on the right, and in the far centre is the new Carnegie Library. But the other tower is a mystery, and must have been added by an over-enthusiastic postcard-colourer.
Approx date: 1915. Image ref: MM0212.